Shania Twain Facts
Birth Name: Eileen Regina Edwards
- She adopted the name Shania in 1990.
- "Shania" means "I'm on my way" in Ojibway.
Parents: Clarence and Sharon Edwards
- Shania's biological father left her when she was two.
- Jerry Twain met and married the single Sharon later on in life, thus the Twain name.
- Jerry Twain adopted Shania when she was four.
- Shania's parents sadly died in a car crash in 1987, Shania was only 21.
Date of birth: August 28, 1965
Born in: Windsor, Ontario
Raised in:Timmins, Ontario
Siblings: Jill, Carrie-Ann, Mark, Darryl.
- Shania is the second oldest.
- Shania is Irish and French-Canadian and was raised with the Ojibwa Indian Culture.
Shoe size: 6 1/2
Favorite food: Pasta
Favorite dessert: All pastries but especially peach pie.
Favorite colors: Red and green.
Favorite music: Everything.
Favorite movie: Immortal Beloved
Favorite actor: Jim Carrey
Favorite actress:Jessica Lange
Hobbies: Camping, Horseback riding.
Best Characteristic: Resourceful.
Worst Characteristic: Impatient.
Values most: Family and happiness.
First Performance: 1st grade show & tell, she sang "Country Roads."
First Recording: 1985 duet with Tim Denis called "Heavy On The Sunshine".
- She also sang back vocals on the Sammy Kershaw song "Haunted Heart".
- Her first album (Shania Twain) only contained 1 of her own songs, "God Aint Gonna Getcha for that".